Raw salt acts as a key ingredient in many industries. We provide a variety of grades that suit many industrial sectors. Raw Salt mainly gets exported in bulk, and the raw salt from Siwa has a Sodium Chloride purity of 99.8%.
Salt has many applications and almost every industry across the globe will use Sodium Chloride as a key component. It would be difficult to list all of the industries that use salt as a raw material or ingredient.
To highlight just a few:
- Food industry such as the production of Cheese, Pastrami, Meat processing, dry foods, sweets and breads.
- Pharmaceutical companies also use salt when making capsules or saline solutions.
- Salt is also used in the manufacture of Rubber where the salt separates the rubber from the latex.
- Salt also acts to vitrify heated clays in the manufacture of ceramics.
- Separating glycerol from water in the manufacture of soaps.
- Removal of impurities during the process of production of metals such as aluminium.
- It can also be used to cure, preserve and tan during processing of animal hides.
- Salt is also used in the manufacture of paper.
This is a product to be spread over the ground to prevent the accumulation of ice, or to remove it once it has already formed on the ground. This is an essential tool because when snow melts and then refreezes it becomes difficult to remove because a strong bond is formed with the ground once the ice is formed.
Although de-icing salt isn’t a replacement for snow ploughing, it will ease the removal of snow and help to avoid accidents and injuries throughout the winter so that traffic can continue to flow. This is especially important for emergency personnel.
Water softener salt is a product that removes ions from water that make water hard. Hard water refers to water with above average mineral content. This typically means calcium (Ca) and magnesium (Mg). Higher amounts of dissolved calcium and magnesium in water make the water less able to dissolve other solutes, such as soap. Hard water can also lead to clogged pipes due to increased lime scale build-ups. Lime scale build-ups make heating less efficient and produce more wear and tear on pipes and water dependent household machines, such as dishwashers and laundry machines.